Do you have a long name or phrase that you use over and over in your Office documents? Use Autocorrect to replace an abbreviation of the word or phrase in your document by typing the abbreviation and then press the ‘space’ bar. The abbreviation will then be replaced with phrase or name.
1) To find the Autocorrect settings, click on the File Tab (in the 2007 version, click on the Office Button the upper left corner) and find the Options button at the bottom of the list and click it.
2) In Options, from the navigation bar on the left, click on Proofing.
3) On the right, click on the Autocorrect Options button.
4) In the Replace box, type the abbreviation and in the With box type out the word or phrase as you will want it to appear in your document.
5) Click on Add. (While you’re in the Autocorrect box, take a look around at all the settings your can turn off and on.)
6) Click on OK.
7) Your abbreviation is now added to the Autocorrect settings. You can now use your abbreviation in your document and as soon as you press the space bar (tab or enter in Excel), your abbreviation will be replaced with your phrase.